Intensive Workshop with Faye Driscoll, Philadelphia, PA – Feb. 2012
- three day intensive investigating the body as a container for a multiplicity of narratives and movement – “as a vehicle for both creating and debunking meaning.”
Falls Bridge Festival, Philadelphia, PA – Jan. 2012
- A week long professional development workshops with Ishmael Houston Jones and Yvonne Meier.
- Perform in the festival at Mascher Space Cooperative, Philadelphia, PA.
Meet the Next Generation Fellowship – eXplore Dance Festival, Bucharest, Romania – Oct. 2011
- Research fellowship with Edward Gabia, Maria Boroncea and Dragana Bulut, winners of 2010 Prix Jardin d’Europe.
- Study with Ivo Dimchev and Meg Stuart.
Master Workshop in Contemporary Indian Dance Movement, Philadelphia, PA – Sept. 2011
- Study with Jayachandran Palazhy and Hema Palany.
- Fellowship through Live Arts Festival, Philadelphia.
Wild Meadows Improvisation Intensive, Wild Meadows Farm, PA – June 2011
- Study with Nicole Bindler, Sharon Monsur and Cyrus Khambatta.
Susan Rethorst, Making Your Best Work Workshop, Philadelphia, PA – Dec. 2010
- Fellowship through Dance Advance and the Pew Charitable Trusts and Live Arts Festival, Philadelphia.
Deborah Hay, Performance Practice Workshop, Philadelphia, PA – Dec. 2008
- Fellowship through Mascher Space Cooperative and Dance Advance and the Pew Charitable Trusts.
Headlong Performance Institute, Philadelphia, PA – Sept. – Dec. 2008
- Semester long post bachelor program in performance.
Experiential anatomy with Eva Karczag, Trisha Brown Studios, New York, NY – Dec. 2007
American Dance Festival, Durham, NC – 2005 and 2006
Bennington College, Bennington, VT – 2002 – 2006
- Study with Dana Reitz, Susan Sgorbati, Susan Rethorst, Terry Creach, Paul Matteson and Keith Thompson.
- B.A. in Dance and Sound Design June 2006.
Kontakt Budapest International Improvisation Festival, Hungary – summers 2002, 2003, and 2004
- Study different improvisation techniques under the supervision of Eszter Gal (HUN), Lionel Popkin (USA), Scott Wells (USA), Caroline Waters (UK), Danny Lepkoff (USA), and Stephen Batts (IRL).
Founder, Graphic and Web Designer, Zmei Visuals, Philadelphia, PA – Feb. 2010 – Present
- Free-lance graphic and web designer working in the performing arts. Clients include Group Motion Dance Company, Philadelphia Dance Projects, Mascher Space Cooperative, Philadelphia Center for the Book, Kosoko Performance Group and others.
Founder and Artistic Director, Here[begin] Dance, Philadelphia, PA – Feb. 2007 – Present
- Direct, choreograph and perform pieces in collaboration with other company members.
- Curate and produce Current and Dance Cinema Projects series.
Dancer, Philadelphia, PA – Oct.2006 – Present
- Freelance, dance with Lionel Popkin, Group Motion Dance Theater,, Amnesiac Music and Dance, Ring Dance Theater, Perpetual Mvmt<>Snd, Erin Foreman-Murray, Liza Clark, Kate Speer, PIMA Group and others.
The Emergent Improvisation Project, a touring company based in VT – Feb. 2006 – Present
- Dancer, use emergent improvisation technique developed by Susan Sgorbati, in the process of making documentary by Elliot Caplan.
Membership and Rentals Coordinator, Mascher Space Co-op, Philadelphia, PA – Nov.2006 – Dec.2010
- Maintain space schedule, outside rentals, and website as part of the resident artist program.
- Technical Director for Mascher produced events.
Events Coordinator, Rutgers Camden Center for Performing Arts, Camden, NJ – Jan. 2007 – March 2008
- Coordinate and manage schedule, production advances, artists needs and staff requirements for every event in RCCA facilities.
- Serve as Front of House Manager.
- Serve as a Teaching Artist in “Creative Movement” for middle school after school program.
- Supervise and train Work – Study students.
Supporters and Presenters:
Bennington College residency
CEC new Edge Mix
eXplore Dance Festival, RO
Danspace Project — after school series
Hubbard Hall — Vanguard series
Inhale Performance Series
Kontakt Budapest Festival, HU
Marlboro College—Embodied Learning Symposium
NY Dance Exchange
Little Berlin Gallery
Mascher Space Cooperative
New Dance Alliance: Performance Mix Festival
NEXUS Gallery—Influx Series
Philadelphia Live Arts and Philly Fringe
Rutgers Camden Center for the Arts
- Why does my choreography look nothing like my dancing? – inspired by Zornitsa’s video blog of the same name, this solo piece is in the spirit of a lecture demonstration presented in a serious and committed way, which only enhances the humor of the movement juxtaposition. Created for arrive/disperse concert part of the Vanguard series at Hubbard Hall, Cambridge, NY June 2011
- Vertigo – a trio commissioned by Philadelphia Center for the Book with support from New Stages for Dance grant. In response to Ananda Connolly’s artist book “Collateral Bee Box”, performed at Studio34 and Christ Church Neighborhood house, May 2011.
- Emulator – a duet exploring the questions: What is original and what a copy? What is authentic movement and how does it carry from one body to the other? Created for Spiel Uhr showcase February 2011, featured in Low Lives International Festival 2011.
- Experiment 1 – Commisioned by the New York Dance Exchange, Experiment 1 is a solo multimedia dance piece incorporating video and a huge paper dress. November 2010.
- Not this time – a solo of highly athletic and embodied movement made for Mascher Artist in Residence Fringe Show as a result of Hubbard Hall Choreography Residency at Cambridge, NY September 2010. Performed also at Spiel Uhr showcase December 2010.
- DUET – collaborative improvisation duet with musician and composer Gene Coleman. Performed as part of Studio34 yoga’s Studio Series, June 2010.
- Sour – collaborative duet with percussionist Toshi Makihara, commissioned by Performance Mix Festival at Joyce SoHo, NYC to be performed in April 2010.
- Side by Side – collaboration with percussionist Toshi Makihara and visual artist J. Marshall-Lively. Premiered April, 2009. Performed at New Edge Mix Festival, Mascher Artists in Residence Show, Inhale Performance Series, Etc. Performance Series, Dance USA/Philadelphia Showcase, The A.W.A.R.D. Show Philadelphia, part of Live Arts Festival 2009.
- The Lady – solo exploring the line between lightheartedness and the gory and creepy. Premiered December 2008. Performed at Hubbart Hall, Cambridge, NY, Studio34 Yoga and Mascher Space Coop in Philadelphia, PA through 2010.
- Point of no Return – an evening length piece where the audience constructs the performance itself. Performed at Mascher Space Coop, June 2008, Philadelphia, PA
- paraphrase/NEXUS – a paper and video installation inspired by the phorography of Susan Abrams and Tasha Doremus, performed April 2008 at NEXUS gallery, Philadelphia, PA.
- Next Time – a paper and animation installation, Mascher Space Coop, November 2007, Philadelphia, PA.
- Two Things – an evening length improvisational score with Jil Stifel and Toshi Makihara, performed February 2008 atRutgers Camden Center for the Art, Rutgers University, Camden, NJ.
- Insert Headset 2 – a power point presentation performed at Mascher Space Co-op, Fringe Festival in Philadelphia 2007.
- Insert Headset 1 – video and dance performance featuring live electronic music by Mikronesia, performed June 2007 at Mascher Space Co-op, Philadelphia, PA.
- One on One Two – improvisation structure with drummer Dan Capecchi, June 2007, produced by Bowerbird INC., performed at Broad St. Ministry, Philadelphia, PA.
- Dual Parity – a duet created in collaboration with Eric Conroe and Emily Sweeney, performed February 2007, at Mascher Space Co-op, Philadelphia, PA
- with you I stand – A duet choreographed and performed in collaboration with Jeremy Wallace at Danspace Project at St .Mark’s Church, New York City, NY. April 2005
Microsoft Office 2010
PHP – basic knowledge